Are you feeling more eye strain while working? If you work on your computer all day or do some detailed-demanding work, you must have noticed that your eyes get tired quickly. Take little breaks during work to soothe your eyes and practice this easy and quick eye massage. This eye massage will help you not only in relaxing, but it will also help you concentrate better.
Why is Eye Massage Necessary?
Tired eyes can lead to dry eyes. When you are working on the computer, your blinking rate gets reduced as your eyes are fixated on a specific task. The blinking rate reduces from an average of 15-20 times every minute to 3-4 per minute. This can lead to redness and fatigue, which, in turn, can lead to eye strain.
Practicing this self-massage can relieve tired or dry eyes. It increases blood circulation to the area around the eye and releases muscle tension. You have to do the exercise stated below regularly to reap the benefits.
Step 01: Massage the Eye Socket Bones to the Nose Bridge
- Keep your eyes closed, and massage the eye-socket bones down to the bridge of the nose with the middle finger.
- This helps increase the blood circulation in that area, giving more nutrients and oxygen to the red blood cells there.
Step 02: Press the Pressure Points at Your Temples and Around the Eyes
- Apply some pressure with your forefingers on the pressure points under the brow bone under the inner eyebrows for 3 seconds.
- Then press the temples for 3 seconds.
- Applying pressure to these areas stimulates different facial muscles, which help in blinking and squinting.
Step 03: Relieve Pressure Between the Eyes
- Gently press the area just above the inner corner of the eyes, right above where the lid begins, for 3 seconds.
- Repeat this 4-5 times.
- Doing this helps you to relieve pressure between the eyes.
Step 04: Massage Your Temples
- Slowly massage the hollow area in the temples with your middle fingers in an up-down motion.
- Continue to massage like that for 1 minute.
- It will help you reduce tension in your temples and help you a little more relaxed.
Step 05: Massage the Back of the Head
- Gently massage the area located at the back of the head, directly behind the eyes, with the tips of your index fingers.
- Be careful not to press it too hard.
- Keep massaging there for another 1 minute.
It will be helpful to use these simple techniques in the daily routine of your eye care to keep your eyes healthy by massaging them.